Monday, March 13, 2017

QUILTING IDEAS FROM MOROCCO






The majority of the ideas I use for quilt design inspiration come from my travel photos.  Of course it has taken me many trips and many photos to really open up my eyes to all the design possibilities around me.

When I first became an art quilter I started paying more attention to my surroundings and different objects that might be a source of inspiration.  With enough practice through the years I have taken notice of so many more details wherever I go that I never would have seen before.  Nowadays when I return from a trip with hundreds or thousands of photos a good percentage of them are quilting ideas for future reference.  

Morocco is one of those exotic countries with gorgeous scenery from the coast to the high Atlas mountains and down to the great Sahara desert.  From the big city of Casablanca to the bewitching city of Marrakesh, Morocco is a land of bright colors and unusual architectural style.  Every place I went was a feast for the senses.  The photos above are an example of some of the "design idea" pictures taken on that trip.

Keep checking back here for more "quilting ideas" from my trips.  And who knows, perhaps they will help inspire you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment